The year is nearing to a close and 2012 has truly been a phenomenal year. A lot of milestones took place this this year, most of them are such blessings that I am truly thankful for; like my son’s first birthday and having my mom fly over for the first time so she can celebrate it with us here in Singapore, getting pirated out of my own consultancy by Citigroup (with an offer which is fabulously difficult to refuse), moving in to a new house – finally getting our very own bathroom, being happily married for almost three years to a wife who doesn’t seem to age a day older from the day I met her, all these and a lot more…
Reflecting on these things got me asking myself “What else is there that I truly want to accomplish, do or see before I leave this world?”
And so, this is my progressive ‘Bucket List’…
- Build our dream glass house. I mean who doesn’t want this? Living in fancy condos, renting a plush apartment smack in the heart of the city all seem great, but nothing beats the pleasure of finally being able to ’build’ your dream house and have your family and friends come over for barbeque weekends.
- Drive a supercar. No, I don’t have the carnal desire to own one (if I had the money to buy one, I think I’d be happier spending it on the latest model Mitsubishi Pajero or Toyota Prado with a set of 24-inch rims - then put everything else on an investment), I’ll most probably be happy enough to just rent and drive one on track day or maybe get a speeding ticket for driving it little above the speed limit on a long strech of tarmac.
- Make a snowman. I’ve been to several countries which has more than two seasons, but being Filipino, I have this strong desire to go back to my hometown each Christmas to celebrate it with family and friends. Thus, I’ve never really been able to really play with snow.
- Attend an E3 convention, Comicon or something similar. Since I was a kid I’ve always been a fan of video games and comic books. I would really love to attend an event like this with my brother Tony and our sons. It’ll be that day in our lives when we all transcend age and become pure-hearted little boys again.
Attend a Metallica concert before James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich or Kirk Hammet dies or decide to leave the band. They have been my heavy metal heroes since I was 14 and I would not want to miss a chance to finally be able to experience them perform live.(Completed: August 24, 2013)
- Finish my full-sleeve tattoo. Right now I’m still missing two Kois, a waterfall and something that would symbolize “the transformation”. I would also like to throw in a “3 stars and a sun” somewhere in the whole design.
- Relaunch Ars Nova into a full-blown creative agency. Something in the scale of what Don Draper has going (AMC’s Mad Men).
- Visit the Petronas Tower in Kuala Lumpur and cross the Sky Bridge.
- Visit Israel and go to locations in the bible.
- Visit Rome, Spain and Italy – and finally eat real Italian cuisine.
- Visit Japan for the Sakura Festival, enjoy an Onsen, eat sushi prepped by a real Japanese chef and watch a Sumo match.
- Experience flying (not falling, thank you very much) via paragliding, hot air balloon, or some sort of small open aircraft.
Donate blood. For real.(Completed: June 20, 2013)
- Reconcile with my abs. It has been a very long time since I last saw any of them and I would love to finally settle our differences and be with them again.
- Celebrate my birthday with one of Jollibee‘s birthday party packages that comes with mascots (specially Mr. Popo). When I was a kid I’ve secretly always wanted to experiece celebrating a birthday there. I’ve never asked my mom for it because I knew that such things would cost a lot and I didn’t want my birthday to be a burden to our family’s budget.
- Earn an MBA or a post-degree diploma in Advertising.
- Attend a New Year’s Countdown in New York with my family.
- Get water-baptised.
- Attend a Hillsong event with my family.
I’ll be continually adding in and crossing out items in this list for the rest of my life. Will keep you guys posted for items I’ve finally crossed out.
Have fun, live life. Ad Maiora.
Hi! How are you na? How long has it been? It feels like several lifetimes ago since we last saw each other...
Position: Analyst/developer(Permanent) Location: Singapore Salary: 4500 per month + AWS + Variable Bonus ( 2-3 months ) + Other benefits Responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating programs for Factory Information System software...
The last quarter of 2013 was a truly exciting period for us Apple fanboys. With the launch of the new iMac, MacPro, iPhone and iPad – I was utterly white-knuckled from the sheer anticipation of seeing the line-up for the new MacBooks...